Who We Are
Deviser Capital Partners Inc. is a Private Equity and Investment firm that partners with companies across a wide range of industries that require corporate finance expertise and additional capital to take advantage of unique business opportunities.
- Our purpose is to contribute our experience, knowledge, resources and relationships to help our clients achieve their objectives.
- Our approach is one of integrated partnership; we are there when you need us and as you need us.
Our Values & Philosophy
- Who We Are – We are committed to transparency, openness and collaboration. Our cornerstones are integrity, honesty and respect, and we practice what we preach.
- What We Do – We focus on meeting the objectives and delivering the results that we say we will achieve. We take pride in our track record and in fostering the trust and confidence that is essential to our success.
- How We Work – We brainstorm, bounce ideas around and let our imaginations wander. We think strategically, see new possibilities and strive to bring people and ideas together.
- Why We Do It – Simply put, we like the people – both our clients and colleagues – with whom we partner. We enjoy what we do. We believe we are good at it, and we find it fun.
- Where Work Fits – We are as intently focused on being the best at what we do as we are on maintaining balance in our lives. Focus, energy and flexibility are key to that balance.
FOCUS • ENERGY • FLEXIBILITY
Our Principals & Partners
Vid Wadhwani has over 25 years of senior management experience in both the public and private sector. He has served on the Board of Directors and has held senior executive positions with a number of Canadian public companies.
Vid has worked with several prominent investment firms as a senior financial advisor and brings with him extensive knowledge of the capital markets in both Canada and the United States. His previous position as a financial analyst working with a broad spectrum of companies in a wide range of industries gives him considerable experience in the preparation of business plans, financial projections, valuations, and financial statements for both public and private companies.
On his spare time, Vid enjoys coaching track & field and cross country. He currently resides in Maple Ridge, B.C. with his wife Alanna and 4 children.
David C. Carkeek
David C. Carkeek has over 26 years’ experience in business management and entrepreneurial ventures. Dave's foundations were set in the late 80’s as a Senior Program Consultant to the Ontario Hospital Association where he managed a $10 million annual provincial fund to encourage hospitals and health care facilities to introduce and establish management systems, processes and procedures that would lead to more cost effective use of resources. He gained insight into identifying significant needs and trends in the industry and oversaw the creation of new policies and corporate strategies to address these needs.
Dave currently resides in Nanaimo, B.C. with his best friend Lucy.
Our Advisory Team
Performance improvement is at the heart of our investment model. Our Advisory professionals can help to improve our Business Partners’ top and bottom line through implementing effective initiatives around finance function performance, cost reduction and sales force effectiveness.
Our advisory team members represent multiple disciplines and work across a global network to bring our Business Partners and Co-Investors technical knowledge, business experience and consistent methodologies, all built on our unwavering commitment to quality service — when and how you need it.
Tai Silvey adds considerable value and business development experience to Deviser's Advisory Team. He has held key roles with many innovative brand companies including Evo Car Share where he has assisted them in formulating and launching their rapid growth strategy across Canada. In addition to Tai’s business development expertise, he also brings extensive real estate experience to the Deviser Team. He has been active with several companies in the development space, including his participation in high level strategic planning with British Pacific Properties, owned by the Guinness brewing family, to further develop the ‘Highlands’ an exclusive residential development located in West Vancouver’s well known British Properties.
Vern Strompkins and Centrex Financial are Deviser’s independent mortgage advisor. With over 40 years of experience in underwriting, management, business planning, financial analysis, decision analysis, Vern has the breadth and depth of experience needed to quickly understand financing solutions and craft the most suitable program for almost any qualified lender.
Before staring Delta Pacific Management Corp dba Centrex Financial, Vern spent over
40 years with some of the biggest banks and financial institutions in Canada. Vern was groomed and trained on how to deeply look into credit applications to better understand lending possibilities for borrowers all over the country. With Vern’s extensive background and experience in lending he has tackled some of the trickiest lending scenarios modern finance has brought to the table.